Renters insurance can protect your personal belongings and save you from legal or medical expenses associated with an accident in your rented home. Although the landlord’s building insurance may protect the physical structures against any natural or man-made disasters, it does not cover your personal belongings or liability. Renters insurance will help protect you against expenses from physical damage, theft, vandalism and personal liability.
Eaves & Associates, LLC knows that some renters underestimate the value of their possessions and are surprised by how much it would cost to replace their things. they can provide you with much needed assistance for choosing a renters insurance policy that best fits your requirements.
Different types of renters insurance offered:
- Personal Property:This includes damage to your personal stuff such as furniture, electronics, clothing, appliances, etc.
- Medical Coverage: This will cover medical bills for injuries suffered by you, your family members or guests in your rental home.
- Personal Liability: It covers the cost of legal defense if anyone gets hurt in your rental home due to your negligence.
- Damage To Others Properties: This coverage option includes the damage you accidentally caused to someone else's property.
- Personal Umbrella Insurance: This covers additional expenses if the liability costs have exceeded the normal coverage limits.
When working with Eaves & Associates, LLC on a renter’s insurance policy, you can also discuss questions with him like:
- What if my bathtub overflows and water causes damage in the apartment below? Hint: does renters insurance cover only my personal belongings?
- Should I choose the coverage for depreciated value or for replacement cost? Hint: how old are most of your items to be insured?